Faith Road | The History of First Baptist
Since the very founding of our church in the year 1933, it has been a test of faith with the change of time and pastors. We have called two prior locations home in the Jew Town area. In 1955, we were blessed with a place to worship at 3358-60 W. Ogden Avenue in the North Lawndale Area. In 1964, our church was devastated by a fire that forced services to be held at Pope Elementary School and many other temporary locations until repairs were made. The future of our church was sent by God in a vision in the year 1970. The vision to build a new house of worship which was celebrated in near completion with a members march on March 8, 1970.
Sis. Mignon Pruitt - Church Historian